This ad is expired.
Campus Police Officer
The Campus Police Officer is responsible for the enforcement of State and Local laws, University Rules and Regulations, and providing service to all community members (university and civilian). Position reports to Police Chief.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Ability to successfully pass a physical and psychological evaluation and meet firearms proficiency standard, as required by TCOLE standards.
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
- Law enforcement techniques and procedures.
- Use and care for all UIW equipment and in particular, law enforcement equipment.
- The Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990 (a.k.a.: Clery Act).
- Operate and maintain vehicles and equipment.
- Effectively read and write.
- Recognize dangerous/hazardous situations.
- Maintain mental capacity that allows the capability of exercising sound judgment and rational thinking under dangerous and stressful circumstances.
- Demonstrate intellectual capabilities during training and testing processes; to include evaluating various scenarios and developing appropriate options and/or alternatives.
Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Completion from a Texas accredited police academy.
Required Work Experience
Graduate from a TCOLE recognized police academy or approved equivalent.
Intermediate Peace Officer.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
- Peace Officer License issued by the TCOLE.
- Valid Texas drivers license with driving record that is insurable by UIW insurance carrier.
- Must be 21 years of age.
Must be available to work varying shifts, nights and weekends.
Must be able to fulfill the duties of a Peace Officer which include but are not limited to:
- Effect an arrest, subduing resisting individuals, chase fleeing subjects, running, walking, crouching, or crawling
- Move equipment, injured/impaired persons, and climb stairs/ladders.
- Perform life-saving and rescue procedures.
- Walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Maintain effective audio-visual and perception techniques needed for making observations and for communicating with others.
Posting Number: AS1727PO
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Staff (non-exempt)
Desired Start Date: 06/01/2023
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Chief of Police
Salary: $60,000 Annualized
Open Date: 08/18/2023
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Position requires ability to successfully pass a physical and psychological evaluation, as well as meet firearms proficiency, as required by TCOLE standards.
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/23367
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy).
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-b9b6bb3031c806489d1ab41a7f7e95f8