Campus Safety Officer
The Claremont Colleges Services (TCCS) is the shared services organization for a highly regarded cluster of seven independent colleges known as The Claremont Colleges located in Southern California. Today, TCCS is a nationally recognized educational model for academic support, student support and institutional support services to meet the needs of 6,300 students and 2,300 faculty and staff. Some of the more than 30 different services include: campus safety, a central library, health and counseling services, cultural centers, central bookstore, physical plant and facilities support, payroll and accounting, information technology, real estate, risk management and employee benefits.
TCCS is committed to offering a work environment that is supportive, collaborative, accountable and enjoyable. TCCS offers generous time off benefits, employer-paid retirement contributions, tuition remission benefits and professional development opportunities. Our employees also take advantage of discounted meals provided in the TCCS caf, regular employee events and an opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues.
NOTE TO APPLICANT: Please submit your resume and cover letter along with your application. You may submit both documents as one attachment in the My Experience section of the application under the "resume/CV" upload section, or as separate attachments. Once you submit your application, you will not be able to attach additional documents.
Job Posting Title:
Campus Safety Officer
This position functions as the primary crime prevention and first responder entity within The Claremont Colleges. The men and women serving in this position are committed to protect and serve The Claremont Colleges community with courtesy and respect for every individual's dignity and legal rights.
- Crime prevention.
- Conduct routine patrols.
- Perform event security duties, including checking identification, controlling the flow of alcohol in and out of an event, monitoring attendee's behavior along with other general safety issues.
- Provide safety escorts to students, faculty, and staff.
- Report crimes and violations of TCC regulations verbally and in writing to proper authorities, conduct initial investigations, write incident reports and law enforcement related initial crime reports.
- Coordinate and guide responding police and fire/paramedic units in person or via phone or wireless radio.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have current State of California Guard Card (including a paid Live-Scan fee receipt)
Ability to provide within 60 days of hire proof of the successful completion and current certification of the following:
- First Aid
- Baton permit
- OC Spray permit
- POST approved P.C. 832 Laws of Arrest Certification
- 2-3 years working at a licensed security department, performing patrol to deter criminal activity.
- Experience conducting investigations and writing incident reports or law enforcement initial crime reports.
Required Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining control and self-composure during stressful circumstances.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to use report writing software to enter and update crime reports.
- Ability to understand, read/write, and speak effectively and clearly in English.
- Ability to use a portable radio, tablet, computer, camera, and other related technologies necessary to completing essential functions of position.
- Be assigned to seated or standing/walking interior and or exterior assignments for periods of eight (8) hours or longer, including social/ceremonial occasions, athletic events, etc.
- Walk and/or run up and down stairs to conduct building checks; walk or run through buildings to evacuate occupants in the event of an emergency.
- Possess ability to climb stairs, lift and carry heavy equipment, bend, and stoop.
- Possess maturity and common sense.
- Ability to work overtime hours when necessary..
- Must have an excellent driving record and possession of a valid California driver's license.
Applicants must be available to work any shift assigned (day, night, and weekends). Assigned shifts may be scheduled for up to six (6) months. Holiday, weekend and evening work hours will be required. Regular hours may vary due to needs of the organization or business unit.
This job description defines the essential job duties of this position. The Claremont Colleges Services expects that employees hired for this position can perform the essential functions of this job without imposing risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others. It may also include marginal functions, generally defined within Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, The Claremont Colleges Services will review this job description and make changes of business necessity.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TCCS is an equal opportunity employer. TCCS managers make employment decisions on the basis of merit, with the aim to have the best available person in every job. TCCS prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin or ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), military or veteran status, and status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. TCCS also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of these characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
To apply, visit https://theclaremontcolleges.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TCCS_Careers/job/Campus-Safety-Officer_REQ-824
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency